Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Autumn 2021, dates to be confirmed
The programme is implemented in cooperation with the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
Today’s hyper-competitive business environment demands excellent supply chain management. This course will help you improve your skills in optimizing supply chain, introduce you to advanced analytical tools and will help you explore opportunities to develop a customer responsive, agile and profitable supply chain.
David Pyke is faculty affiliate of the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan and professor of operations and supply chain in the University of San Diego School of Business. Formerly, he was professor of operations and associate Dean at the Tuck School at Dartmouth College.
He has been teaching executive education programs for over 30 years. David has published numerous academic research papers and his book “Inventory and Production Management in Supply Chains”, co-authored with E. A. Silver and D. Thomas, is used in numerous Master’s and PhD programs worldwide.
David’s areas of expertise include Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Integrated Enterprise Risk Management, Pricing, Inventory Management, Production Planning and Control, Global Sourcing.
Effective supply chain management requires efficient coordination across business functions and organisations. Whether you are in operations, general management or finance, you will learn to perceive your organisation’s operations in a broader way.
This course will introduce you to the latest tools for advancing your organisation into a lean, efficient and competitive entity, ready to compete in today’s increasingly complex and globalised economy
The Supply Chain and Logistics Management course features four modules that address strategic decisions for operations and supply chain management as well as tools for improving supply chain performance.
During the course you will:
- Discover the latest concepts and methods for successful implementation of new technologies in supply chain management
- Learn advanced supply chain practices and how to implement them in your organisation
- Understand how different supply chain frameworks and tools apply to different business environments
- Learn how to apply frameworks and analytical tools for effective inventory and distribution management
- Learn how to better partner with suppliers and customers to reduce costs and improve service levels
Learn how to apply a sophisticated framework for risk management in supply chain
The course combines lectures, discussions, cases and hands-on exercises. Throughout the course, time is devoted to application of the material related to participants’ companies.
Who should attend
This course is designed for participants who are responsible or contribute to the supply chain decision making process in their companies:
- experienced executives working in supply-chain management and operations;
- cross-company team members who are in charge of customer/supplier relations
- business development executives responsible for supply chain.
Teeter Scholarship available
Managers of small, regional companies and non-governmental organizations may apply for a Teeter Scholarship, which is awarded on a competitive basis.
Teeter Scholarships are full-tuition scholarships to attend executive education programs offered by the William Davidson Institute. The scholarships are named to honor the memory of Robert M. Teeter, an advisor to U.S. presidents from 1968-1992 and a board member at the William Davidson Institute.
630 EUR + VAT