Supply Chain and Logistics Management
October 5, 2020, 17:00 - 20:15 (GMT+3)
October 7, 2020, 17:00 - 20:15 (GMT+3)
October 12, 2020, 17:00 - 20:15 (GMT+3)
October 14, 2020, 17:00 - 20:15 (GMT+3)
Online, Zoom platform
The programme is implemented in cooperation with the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
Today’s hyper-competitive business environment demands excellent supply chain management. This course will give you analytical tools and skills to optimise your supply chain and will help you explore your opportunities to develop a customer responsive, agile and profitable supply chain.
David Pyke is faculty affiliate of the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan and professor of operations and supply chain in the University of San Diego School of Business. He was dean of the School of Business from 2008 until 2015, leading the school to a significant presence in international rankings. Formerly, he was professor of operations and associate dean at the Tuck School at Dartmouth College. He has taught executive education programs for over 30 years. He has also published numerous academic research papers and his book, Inventory and Production Management in Supply Chains, co-authored with E. A. Silver and D. Thomas (fourth edition, CRC Press, 2017) is used in numerous Master’s and Ph.D. programs worldwide. His areas of expertise include: Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Integrated Enterprise Risk Management, Pricing, Inventory Management, Production Planning and Control, Global Sourcing.
Effective supply chain management requires coordination across business functions and across organisations. Whether you are in operations, general management or finance, you will learn to see your organisation’s operations in a new way and gain the latest tools for ensuring your organisation is lean, efficient and ready to compete in today’s increasingly complex and globalised economy.
Who should attend
This course is designed for participants who are responsible or contribute to the supply chain decision-making process in their companies:
- experienced executives working in supply-chain management and operations;
- cross-company team members who are in charge of customer/supplier relations
- business development executives responsible for supply chain.
The Supply Chain and Logistics Management course features four modules that address strategic decisions for operations and supply chain management as well as tools for improving supply chain performance.
During the course you will:
- Learn successful supply chain practices and how to implement them in your own organisation
- Learn and apply a framework for operations and supply chain strategy to transform your supply chain
- Understand how different supply chain frameworks and tools apply to different business environments
- Develop frameworks, analytical tools and insights for effective inventory and distribution management
- Develop and apply a framework for decisions about global versus regional sourcing
- Learn how to better partner with suppliers and customers to reduce costs and improve service levels
- Discover the latest concepts and methods for the successful implementation of new technologies in supply chain management
- Learn how to apply a sophisticated framework for risk management in the supply chain
The course combines lectures, discussions, cases and hands-on exercises. Throughout the course, time is devoted to application of the material to participants’ companies.
630 EUR + VAT
If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to send a replacement: however, prior notification is required. Cancellation in writing must be received if the fee is to be refunded. Cancellation within a month of the Course start date entitles a 50% refund only.
By submitting the form (below) you guarantee payment of the participation fee, confirm that the information submitted is correct and the cancellation terms have been noted.
Teeter Scholarship available
Managers of small, regional companies and non-governmental organizations may apply for a Teeter Scholarship, which is awarded on a competitive basis.
Teeter Scholarships are full-tuition scholarships to attend executive education programs offered by the William Davidson Institute. The scholarships are named to honor the memory of Robert M. Teeter, an advisor to U.S. presidents from 1968-1992 and a board member at the William Davidson Institute.