How to Apply
How to Apply
The Admissions Procedure is free of charge, with the aim of selecting the most talented students to study in the BSc in Economics and Business programme. The application deadline is April 16, 2024.
SSE Riga runs a three-step selection process: fulfillment of eligibility criteria, the SSE Riga online Admissions Tests, and online interviews.
SSE Riga will award up to 20 scholarships to outstanding students. These scholarships will be awarded irrespective of the applicant's home country. All students are eligible for student loans at favourable conditions covering tuition fees and living expenses, the School also offers a number of grants - please see detailed information here.
How to apply?
To begin: Check eligibility
To be eligible to apply to SSE Riga, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A secondary school education completed in 2024 or earlier.
- Minimum grades in Mathematics and English: 7 on a scale of 10, or equivalent on a comparable scale.
- State examination results in Mathematics and English are required. Centralised examination in English can be substituted with an international language proficiency examination that meets the requirements set by the national regulations of the respective country.
- For candidates who have obtained secondary education outside Latvia: a certificate issued by an international testing authority certifying the candidate's English proficiency is at least at level B2*.
* Except if the candidate has acquired secondary education in a programme implemented in English or one’s secondary education certificate received in the EU, EEA or the Swiss Confederation includes an assessment of English language skills to be at least level B2.
Check the documents you need to submit
All applicants who fulfil the formal entry requirements are welcome to submit an online application form.
Step 1: Submit the Online Application by April 16, 2024
The online application must be submitted by the deadline: April 16, 2024.
You will have the option to begin your application and then complete it at a later date.
You will be asked to provide:
- Personal info, copy of passport or ID card and photo, contact information.
- All documents to prove the candidate’s eligibility for the programme.
- Motivation letter. Watch the video: How to write a motivation letter
- Evidence of work experience, achievements, extracurricular activities (optional).
All applicants who have fulfilled the eligibility criteria and submitted necessary documents will be selected for the SSE Riga Admissions Test.
Step 2: Take the online Admissions Test on April 27, 2024
The Admissions Test will be organized online on April 27, 2024.
The Admissions Test will involve basic math, logical aptitude and English language topics for about 3 hours in total with short breaks between the parts. Applicants should have a computer with a camera and microphone, a stable internet connection and a room where no one will disturb them. A tryout online test will be provided to all applicants selected for the Admission Test. Once the test will be started, clear guidance will be given.
Test examples are available to understand the concept. Please note that these tests slightly change every year.
Watch the video: How do I prepare for the admissions test in Math?
Step 3: Participate in an online interview from May 20 till May 31, 2024
Top-performing candidates, according to the SSE Riga Admissions Test results, will be selected for online interviews from May 20 till May 31, 2024.
The interview will last for approximately 40 minutes and also involve a case study discussion.
The interview will last for approximately 40 minutes and also involve a case study discussion. Watch the videos: How do I prepare for an admissions interview? and Case discussion as part of the interview process - how to prepare?
The top 150 candidates will be selected to study at SSE Riga. The acceptance letter for non-EU countries will be sent to selected candidates by May 27, 2024 and candidates from EU countries by June 12, 2024.
Candidates who will graduate by Summer 2024 will receive conditional acceptance after the Admissions Committee receives documentation confirming the completion of secondary school-level education and the final grade transcript.
Register for studies
To become a student of SSE Riga, accepted candidates from non-EU countries should register by June 6, 2024 and candidates from EU countries should register by August 1, 2024.
Candidates who will graduate from secondary school by Summer 2024 are conditionally admitted until they have submitted the final secondary school transcript and state exam results in English and Mathematics (when applicable).
If a candidate does not register for studies on time, the place is considered waived.
SSE Riga will provide support for international students to get the residence permit.
Start your studies in mid-August, 2024
The new academic year begins in mid-August, 2024.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
If you have questions concerning the admissions process, please send an email to email@example.com.