How to Apply
How to Apply
The Admissions Procedure is free of charge, with the aim of selecting the most talented students to study in the BSc in Economics and Business programme. The application deadline is April 25, 2021.
SSE Riga runs a three-step selection process: fulfillment of eligibility criteria, the SSE Riga online Admissions Tests, and online interviews.
All students are eligible for student loans at favourable conditions covering tuition fees and living expenses, the School also offers a number of grants - please see detailed information here.
How to apply?
To begin: Check eligibility
To be eligible to apply to SSE Riga, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A secondary school education completed in 2021 or earlier.
- Minimum grades in Mathematics and English: 7 on a scale of 10, or equivalent on a comparable scale.
- State examination results in Mathematics and English are required.
Results of state centralized exam in English can be replaced with other international English tests, please see comparison and rating of results.
All applicants who fulfil the formal entry requirements are welcome to submit an online application form.
Step 1: Submit the Online Application by April 25, 2021
The online application must be submitted by the deadline: April 25, 2021.
You will have the option to begin your application and then complete it at a later date.
You will be asked to provide:
- Personal info, contact information.
- Candidates who will complete their secondary education by the Summer of 2021 should provide their grades in Mathematics and English as well as overall grade point average from the autumn semester in 2020. All others should provide their final grades received when graduating from secondary school as well as grade point average. Candidates should also provide grade transcripts.
- Motivation letter. Watch the video: How to write a motivation letter
- Evidence of work experience, achievements, extracurricular activities (optional).
- Enclosures must be uploaded – grade transcript, copy of passport or ID card, diplomas, certificates etc.
All applicants who have fulfilled the eligibility criteria and submitted necessary documents will be selected for the SSE Riga Admissions Test.
Step 2: Take the online Admissions Test on May 15, 2021
The Admissions Test will be organized online on May 15.
The Admissions Test will involve basic math, logical aptitude and English language topics for about 3 hours in total with short breaks between the parts. Applicants should have a computer with camera and microphone, stable internet connection and a room where no one will disturb. Once the test will be started, clear guidance will be given.
Test examples from 2019 are available to understand the concept. Please note that these tests slightly change every year.
Watch the video: How do I prepare for the admissions test in Math?
Step 3: Participate in an online interview on June 7-18, 2021
Top-performing candidates, according to the SSE Riga Admissions Test results, will be selected for online interviews on June 7-18.
The interview will last for approximately 40 minutes and also involve a case study discussion. Watch the video: How do I prepare for an admissions interview?
The top 130 candidates will be selected to study at SSE Riga. The acceptance letter will be sent to selected candidates by June 30.
Candidates who will graduate by Summer 2021 will receive conditional acceptance after the Admissions Committee receives documentation confirming the completion of secondary school-level education and the final grade transcript.
Register for studies by August 1, 2021
To become a student of SSE Riga, an accepted candidate should register by August 1, 2021.
Candidates who will graduate from secondary school by Summer 2021 are conditionally admitted until they have submitted the final secondary school transcript and state exam results in English and Mathematics (when applicable).
If a candidate does not register for studies on time, the place is considered waived.
SSE Riga will provide support for international students to get the residence permit.
Start your studies in mid-August, 2021
The new academic year begins on August 23, 2021.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
If you have questions concerning the admissions process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.