SSE Riga offer to Ukrainian students, researchers and faculty members
Following the war in Ukraine, the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga) has established an exchange programme for Ukrainian students and offers positions to Ukrainian researchers and faculty members through the Latvian State scholarship programme from January until June 2023.
For Ukrainian students
Based on last year's success, we have decided to provide opportunities for Ukrainian students interested in Economics and Business to join a semester at SSE Riga as exchange students. Some Erasmus+ and Latvian State scholarships are available for a limited number of seats.
Admitted exchange students can take courses in our 3-year BSc programme in Economics and Business. The programme is offered in English and students come from more than 10 different countries. The SSE group ranks first among business schools in the Nordic-Baltic region.
The applicant needs to meet the following criteria:
- currently enrolled in a BSc programme (or higher);
- has proof of English language Common European Framework of Reference for Languages level B2 (or higher);
- students must arrive at SSE Riga not later than January 30, 2023, to start the Spring semester;
- interest in Economics and Business.
Please apply online at exchange.sseriga.edu until
Please contact our BSc Programme Manager Jekaterina Silkalna at jekaterina.silkalna@
For Ukrainian researchers and faculty members
Furthermore, SSE Riga is ready to accept Ukrainian researchers and faculty members as part of the Latvian State Scholarship programme. In case of approval, monthly scholarships in the amount of 900 EUR/month will be paid from January until June 2023.
The criteria for scholarships are as follows:
- researchers or faculty members must be in Latvia or arrive shortly and receive a humanitarian visa;
- they cannot receive any income in Latvia or Ukraine during the scholarship period;
- must have Doctor's or Master's degree;
- must not be included in the Sanctions list;
- they must be willing to work and stay in Latvia for at least 15 days per month.
If you think these options might be interesting to your colleagues or other researchers, feel free to share the above-mentioned information with them.
For more details, please contact our BSc Programme Manager Marina Troskova at email@example.com