Leading Successful Change
November 26, 2020, 9:00 - 17:00
November 27, 2020, 9:00 - 17:00
SSE Riga, Strēlnieku 4a
In times like ours, driving change is one of the most expected and appreciated leadership functions, yet at the same time perhaps the most challenging! Only those companies who manage to read the future and act upon it in time will strive for success. This two-day course is designed to provide you with strategic tools for foreseeing, prioritizing and driving change. It focuses on the leader’s role and the interaction between forces supporting and opposing change.
Lecturer Peter Zashev has more than 15 years of experience in executive education as a trainer and programme director. He also has considerable experience as an international consultant working on projects for the private sector (international business strategy and marketing) and the public sector (international projects with UNCTAD, the EU and GIZ). Peter’s interests and areas of expertise include international business & entrepreneurship, emerging markets, leadership, change management, and business & cross-cultural communications. His cross-cultural skills are enhanced by the fact that he was born in Bulgaria, lived in Russia and has business interests there, works in Finland and lives in Estonia. Peter speaks Bulgarian, English, Finnish and Russian.
Organizational change is one of the most exciting, intriguing and beautiful interactions intertwining human motives, ambitions, fears and characters.
On one hand our companies need to constantly change and improve or reinvent their business models and practices, on the other hand, it is in our human nature to enjoy stability and predictability doing our best to avoid the uncertainty of change.
According to McKinsey research, 70% of change programs fail to achieve their goals, largely due to employee resistance and lack of management support. Thus, the aim for many of us it to make it to the other 30%. Change is here to stay and you can learn to employ the power of driving it for a benefit.
Change requires excellent leadership and still faces resistance on many levels for logical and sometimes illogical reasons. Therefore, just focusing attention on devising the best possible vision and strategy is not enough.
Good leaders have to understand the human aspect of change and learn how to plan and execute it correctly. The "soft” side of change has very “hard” and concrete implications: mastering it needn’t be a mystery.
Who should attend
This intensive 2 day course is for executives and team leaders who need to constantly adjust to the changing business environment and implement various change initiatives in their companies and organizations.
The intensive two-day course "Leading Successful Change" is designed to provide participants with cutting-edge knowledge and strategic tools that help to understand the organizational dynamics and human nature of change and to gain concrete tools and instruments in choosing change priorities and convincing others to join.
The course is based on the 8-Step process of Dr. Kotter and it will address the following issues:
- Why do companies and leaders need to constantly change?
- Why are business leaders afraid of change?
- Why do employees resist change?
- What should be done in order to gear the organization into change mode and how?
- How do we plan and initiate change?
- How do we communicate change?
- How do we know if and when change is accepted and appreciated?
- What are the mechanics and techniques of the change process?
890 EUR + VAT
If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to send a replacement: however, prior notification is required. The cancellation in writing must be received if the fee is to be refunded. Cancellation within a month of the Programme start date is a subject to a 50% refund only.
By submitting the form (below) you guarantee the payment of participation fee, confirm that the information submitted is correct and the cancellation terms have been noted.