Employee Engagement Masterclass
March 25, 2020, 9:00 – 17:00
SSE Riga, Strēlnieku Street 4a
Engaged teams and employees are absolutely critical for organisations that aim to be competitive in the next decade. Organisations that optimise for engagement greatly outdo others, performing better on the stock market and enjoying greater productivity, loyalty and innovation.
This is a practical, hands-on course that seamlessly combines theory and actionable tools to help you and your teams increase engagement, motivation and overall team spirit.
It will give team leaders and managers tools to build sustainable strategies for engagement to create team spirit ‒ a substantial element of overall competitive advantage.
Lecturer Scott Gould is a keynote speaker and international advisor in people engagement.
He is the author of The Shape of Engagement (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2017), a book that lays out a suite of frameworks that describe how people engage with ideas, technology, organisations, and each other.
As an advisor, Scott has worked with some of the world's biggest brands and oldest organisations, including Microsoft, Trelleborg, The Church of England, Visit Finland, The Met Office, ARM, Telefonica, and Nordeus, in addition to training thousands of individuals in engagement.
This course will examine the psychological principles behind what makes people engage with things, organisations, and each other. It will focus on team leadership as the team is the place where engagement actually happens and the way engagement spreads.
It is taught through a mixture of participative discussion, exercises, and scenario role-play.
Lecturer will provide a deep and practical understanding of how to increase employee engagement within a team, in particular:
- spot various stages of engagement, and increase it;
- speak and communicate in a way that builds engagement;
- build a highly engaged team, and scale it through an organization;
- run meetings that increase engagement;
- deal with detractors and the unengaged;
- get people to participate on a discretionary basis.
Who should attend
This course is designed for team leaders and managers who need to learn engagement and the scalable team building techniques that go with it.
It is also suitable for managers throughout organisations who work operationally on change, service delivery, communication, training and/or culture, or who want to improve their own leadership and engagement capability.
This is a hands-on and practical course that combines participative discussions, exercises, and scenario role-play to help you and your teams increase engagement.
It will help participants to:
- understand the universal rules of engagement and how to apply them in practice;
- learn the key engagement process: Scatter, Gather, Matter;
- understand the process of engagement;
- explore the Six Psychological Levels of Engagement, and use role playing scenarios to see how to lead people through them;
- experience firsthand the key psychological and neurological triggers that spur engagement in all humans;
- understand Engagement and Team Building;
- understand where engagement really happens in the relationship between leaders and their teams and use role playing scenarios about the balances and realities of leadership.a
450 EUR + VAT Early bird fee (if paid by March 18, 2020)
520 EUR + VAT Standard fee
If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to send a replacement: however, prior notification is required. Cancellation in writing must be received if the fee is to be refunded. Cancellation within a month of the Programme start date entitles a 50% refund only.
By submitting the form (below) you guarantee payment of the participation fee, confirm that the information submitted is correct and the cancellation terms have been noted.