Digital Marketing: Employer Brand Development
April 9, 2019, 9:00 - 17:00
April 10, 2019, 9:00 - 17:00
SSE Riga, Strēlnieku 4a
This course helps brands to build a multichannel digital identity that represents them as attractive employers, active industry players, supportive environments for employees’ personal growth and advanced players in the HR market. Course participants will be introduced to a variety of strategical and tactical tools that will allow them not only to attract new employees and hunt for the best available minds on the market, but also to keep up employee spirits and decrease employee churn/turnover inside the company.
Linor Goralik is a marketing consultant who specializes in digital marketing, content marketing and narrative marketing; her customers include Philip Morris, Yandex, SkyEng, YDF, OCCRP, Exante, and other commercial, media and charity brands. Goralik teaches marketing for the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga as well as for FOJO Media Institute (Linnaeus University). Her specialties are building content factories inside large and medium brands based on the narrative-marketing and low-budget-high-impact marketing approach as well as digital brand development – whether it’s a well-based brand that needs revival, an employer brand for an actively growing company or an innovative media product that needs a kick-start from the communications point of view.
This two-day programme will help participants gain a strategical and tactical understanding of the tools required to develop a digital presence that can help solve three key problems they face as employers:
- The need to create a stable, reproducible company image that will raise employer brand awareness among potential employees;
- To provide correct, attractively articulated vacancy information through the most relevant channels in order to reach the most desirable candidates while maintaining the optimal price-per-contact;
- To maintain a positive and attractive company image among existing employees (even in times of crisis and turmoil), thus improving employee performance and reducing employee churn and turnover.
Who should attend
This course is for marketing specialists as well as human resources and employer brand specialists, since the issue of digital employer branding is deeply intertwined in all their everyday responsibilities.
The benefits of attending this short course include:
- Gaining a strategical understanding of the approaches that allow you to rethink your current digital presence as an employee and compare it to a possible all-inclusive, more effective digital activity mix;
- Gaining the tools necessary to build your digital employer brand marketing plan for 12 to 18 months through choosing messages and channels you need to use to reach your specific goals;
- Gaining a tactical understanding of the steps that need to be taken towards implementing the abovementioned plan;
- Gaining a practical understanding of the manpower required for the task and the specific elements that should be included in the brief for this manpower as well as the specific methods to monitor the work progress and correct the processes as they develop.
The course is built as a mix of lectures, group discussions and case studies with a special focus on practical knowledge and pragmatic approaches to employer brand building.
Employer Branding: The Brand-Oriented Approach
- Employer branding: special requests, special goals;
- Brand-oriented thinking: reviewing the company in “brand” terms;
- Review of the current brand state;
- Setting goals, defining vectors: employer branding in terms of proactive marketing;
- Working on the outside, working on the inside: multiple target audiences, two major target groups.
Working on the Outside: Employer Branding that Attracts the Best Manpower
- Digital marketing mix for the employer brand;
- Values and channels: what should be declared, where should we declare it;
- Sales-Funnel Approach: creating the digital awareness-interest-decision-and-action chain to attract the best potential candidates;
- Nurturing the future: creating digital “petri dishes” as future “candidate bases”.
Working on the Inside: Employer Branding that Decreases Turnover
- How a company’s public digital content influences its manpower;
- The role of public digital content in resolving inner crises;
- The employee as ambassador: involving employees in digital content creation.
Manpower for the Manpower: Who is in Charge of the Employer Brand
- Building the digital employer brand team: who is in charge of what;
- Briefs and requirements: how to choose your service and content providers;
- Review, renew, reuse: building and rebuilding a digital marketing plan for the employer brand for the next round.
750 EUR + VAT Early bird fee (if paid by March 22, 2019)
890 EUR + VAT Standard fee