Developing Effective Leadership
November 1, 2018, 9:00 - 17:00
November 2, 2018, 9:00 - 17:00
SSE Riga, Strēlnieku 4a
This course provides participants with the skills and confidence to help handle the major challenges facing the leaders of today and the new leadership models that are emerging. These developments require a different approach to thinking about effective leadership.
Lecturer John Hailey is a Professor at City University’s Cass Business School in London and is also a Visiting Professor at the University of Bath. John has both an MBA and a PhD, and has worked in universities in the UK and internationally. John has taught cross-culture management, international leadership and management, and ethics courses on both MBA & MSc programmes at Cass Business School and Cranfield School of Management. John also has extensive international and cross-cultural experience as a consultant having worked in over fifty countries. He has worked with a range of public, private, humanitarian and non-profit organisations in the areas of leadership and management development, strategy development, OD and change, and governance.
This two-day programme will help develop participants understanding of the elements of effective leadership and help them develop effective leadership teams.
The course will:
- enable participants to appreciate importance of effective leadership and the value of effective leadership team
- help participants understand the nature and characteristics of effective leadership
- raise participants awareness of their own leadership style and the implications for developing an effective leadership team
- develop participants insights into the dynamics and characteristics of effective leadership teams and how to develop them.
- identify the different roles and elements of effective leadership teams
Who should attend
This course is for executives and managers who are expected to play a leadership role. The ability to lead effectively is a key skill of anyone in a leadership role. Our two day leadership development training course is designed for people in, or aspiring to, positions of leadership.
The benefits of attending this short course include:
- Helping you to gain more confidence to play your leadership role, and applying the knowledge and skills you learn, to develop your own leadership skills and employee’s performance.
- Developing appreciation of the key elements of leadership, and give you insights into your own leadership style and the impact on colleagues and your teams.
- Increasing your understanding of current thinking around leadership, and its implications for individual development and organisational change.
The programme would be directed and facilitated by Professor John Hailey using a mix of short interactive lectures, small group discussion, group work, exercises and case studies, and where appropriate psychometric questionnaires and other instruments.
- Perspectives on effective leaders and leadership styles
- Leaders and leadership teams - the dynamics of leadership and followership
- Characteristics and nature of effective leaders
- Barriers to effective leadership & how to overcome them
- Key to Effective Leadership – Personal Self Awareness
Key to Effective Leadership – Personal Self Awareness
- Introduction to the impact & implications of personal leadership styles
- Issues in raising self-awareness of personal leadership style
- Impact of personality on leadership style (MBTI) and implications for leadership teams
- Identify relationship between leaders and effective leadership teams
Characteristics of Effective Leadership Teams
- Introduction to the characteristics of effective leadership teams
- Identifying the different roles in effective leadership teams
- Developing trust and good relations within effective leadership teams
Building An Effective Leadership Team
- Building effective leadership teams: theory and practice
- Understanding the dynamics of effective leadership teams
- Developing personal strategies for effective leadership development
- Review learning and identify action points
750 EUR + VAT Early bird fee (if paid by October 15, 2018)
890 EUR + VAT Standard fee