Women in Leadership
Late Spring/Summer 2022, dates to be confirmed
SSE Riga, Strēlnieku 4a
Take the time and space to grow. Develop your leadership, negotiating and influencing skills while reaching a greater understanding of your strengths.
The Women in Leadership Programme is an outstanding opportunity for senior women leaders with at least six years of managerial experience. The Programme has been specifically designed to empower, challenge, inspire and develop ambitious women leaders who want to take their leadership to the next level. The Programme aims to boost leadership skills, achieve potential as a negotiator and influencer, and focus on strategic self-development to understand how to lead and what is needed in order to lead.
- Hear cutting-edge ideas about leadership and learn tried and tested techniques for overcoming the unique challenges faced by women leaders
- Become a stronger negotiator, influencer, communicator and leader
- Understand your own leadership, communication and negotiation style and translate it into strategy and action
- Develop a broader strategic outlook on local and global challenges and find solutions both in the workplace and life as a whole
Who is the Programme for?
- Middle and senior level women leaders with more than six years of experience in a leadership role
- Executives and functional managers who aspire to positions of greater influence and authority in their organizations
- Women identified as high-potential talent by their organizations
- New mid-level and senior-level line-manager team leaders
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
This is an international programme, so we welcome applications from ambitious women high-achievers from different countries and all sectors, including private, public and NGOs.
Programme at a glance
- Seven-day programme for experienced women executives
- The programme is composed of four interconnected modules aimed to accelerate personal and professional development
- Strong focus on sharing professional experience and discussions
- Small international group ensures an environment of intimacy, safety and trust
- Immediate application of lessons learned to career and personal development
The Women in Leadership Programme ‒ guided by three themes: leadership, strategic self-development, persuasion and negotiation ‒ will be delivered in four modules. Exclusive events form part of the programme – such as networking dinner with alumni of the programme to share, grow and network, as well as a seaside retreat to learn and reflect.
Module 1: Leadership
led by Mette Stuhr, Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD
Become a better leader by building powerful relationships, understanding your own leadership style, and embracing change.
led by Mette Stuhr and Dr Kata Fredheim, Executive Vice President Partnership and Strategy at SSE Riga
Build resilience by learning to deal with adverse events in life. Understand leadership roles in the global context of gender and diversity and become an agent of change.
Module 3: Persuasion and Negotiation
led by Gerard Bannon, International Training Consultant, Founder and Owner of “Bannon Training”
Practice the art of persuasion and negotiation with specific focus on effective communication.
Module 4: Strategic Self Development using Transactional Analysis
led by Linda Hoeben, coach, psychotherapist and senior international trainer, founder and owner of the training institute “For People on the Move”
Dr Kata Fredheim
Executive Vice President Partnership and Strategy, SSE Riga
Kata has vast international managerial experience and has worked with governments, funders, and other research institutions as head of the International Strategy Office at the University of Cambridge and developing the Judge Business School’s accelerator programme, helping early-stage ventures succeed. Kata is a social anthropologist. Her research is on migration, gender, internationalization and higher education. She holds degrees from Utrecht (NL), Bristol (UK) and Canterbury (NZ).
4550 EUR + VAT
This includes all programme materials and catering. It does not include accommodation and travel costs, except for the travel and accommodation for the last module, to be held in a seaside resort.
If you are interested, please get in touch with Ieva Muižniece, Director of the Executive Education Department at email@example.com.
Potential applicants will be invited for interview before being accepted on the programme. The maximum number of programme participants is limited to 18.
Please fill out the form below to download the brochure.