Women in Leadership
October 30 - November 1, 2019, 9:00 – 17:00
December 10 - December 13, 2019, 9:00 – 17:00
SSE Riga, Strēlnieku 4a
The Women in Leadership Programme is an outstanding opportunity for senior female leaders with at least 6 years of managerial experience. The Women in Leadership Programme has been specifically designed to challenge, inspire and develop ambitious female leaders who feel that their learning needs have not yet been fully met through other development opportunities. The programme has been developed to empower women, to improve their leadership skills and to equip female executives with effective know-how in change management, negotiations and strategic self-development using transactional analysis.
The programme is packed with a wealth of learning – lectures, simulations, techniques and tactics ‒ all of this over 7 dynamic days. The programme will be led by leading global business-school faculty, who make it their task to challenge you and turn obstacles into opportunities. The programme will open the door to experience, knowledge and a professional network you can leverage throughout your career.
Module 1 - Leadership
Mette is Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, where she specializes in experiential leadership development and serves on the faculty and coaching staff of open-enrolment and company-specific programmes for high potentials and senior executives.
All of Mette’s work revolves around supporting the development of responsible and effective leadership—at the individual, group, and organisational level. Over two decades of experience in different roles across management, consulting, and academia give her a broad perspective on the strategic value of leadership development, and a unique ability to leverage it for the benefits of companies and their members.
As a senior executive for a global corporation in the Food Ingredients Industry, Mette crafted and implemented strategies for maintaining a healthy pipeline of future leaders. As an instructor, consultant, and coach she designs and delivers leadership development initiatives for cohorts of managers, intact teams, and individual executives. Mette draws on different methodologies to deliver leadership development courses, group consultation, and executive coaching. Common to all of her work, however, is a reflective and experiential component, resting on the principle that adults learn best through experience.
Mette holds a MA in International Business, a MA in Strategic Human Resource Management and is certified in Organizational Psychology. Born and raised in Denmark, she has lived abroad at various times. She lives in Copenhagen with her husband and two teenage children.
Module 2 - Change management
Peter has more than 15 years of experience in executive education as a trainer and program director. Peter also has considerable practice as an international consultant working on projects for the private (international business strategy and marketing) and the public sector (international projects with UNCTAD, the EU and GIZ). Peter’s interests and areas of expertise include international business & entrepreneurship, emerging markets, leadership, change management, business and cross-cultural communications.
Module 3 - Persuasion and Negotiation skills
Gerard Bannon has lived in six countries, worked in more than fifty and is interested in all aspects of international communication and cooperation. He is a Senior Consultant on an International Training and Development Team responsible for cross-cultural training and international teamwork. He specializes in teamwork, communication, influencing & public speaking in international environments and regularly facilitates seminars on these topics on international leadership programs. Gerard is also established lecturer in Stockholm School of Economics and teaches Executive MBA programme at SSE Riga. Areas of special interest: Presentation techniques, Culture and communication, Managing diversity, Multicultural team building, National and Corporate culture.
Module 4 - Work Life and Balance
Linda Hoeben is a certified Transactional Analyst and a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst.
She is also a trainer, specializing in communication skills, conflict management, anger management and assertiveness. In facilitating trainings, she uses Transactional Analysis as her main frame of reference. She is also qualified in working with body language, and she integrates this knowledge in her work.
Linda Hoeben graduated as Criminologist at the Catholic University in Leuven. She is also a social worker. She is the founder of the private practice “Explore, personal development for people on the move” and of ‘Cirkels’, a training institute for Transactional Analysis in Belgium.
In Brussels, she works mainly with the people from the expatriate Community, by working for various International Institutions. In that context, she works with people with various cultural backgrounds. Her own experiences of living in Africa, Australia and Latvia are of great benefit in this work.
Programme at a glance:
• 7-day programme for experienced women executives;
- the programme tackles 4 interconnected modules aimed to accelerate your personal and professional development;
- strong focus on sharing professional experiences and discussions;
- small international group which ensures an environment of intimacy, safety and trust;
- immediate application of lessons learned to your career and personal development.
Participants will learn about:
- Gender dynamics and diversity of groups - how to influence these dynamics, increase influence;
• Identify behavioral patterns and unconscious biases in the workplace - learn about tactics to change the environment;
• Develop expertise as a negotiator and grasp the complicated dynamics of successful negotiation;
• Reflect on global trends in gender and what it means for leaders;
• Build a strong personal and professional network with peers from various industries who face similar challenges and opportunities.
Who should attend
As someone considering this programme, you will have extensive experience and will be responsible for leading others and making important decisions. The Women in Leadership Programme is an outstanding opportunity for mid-level and senior-level female leaders with 6 to 10 years of experience in a leadership role. It is specifically designed for:
- executives and functional managers who aspire to positions of greater influence and authority in their organizations;
- women identified as high-potential talent by their organizations;
- new mid-level and senior-level managers leading teams with direct reports;
- entrepreneurs and business owners.
The four modules are:
- Leadership, led by Mette Stuhr, Adjunct Professor of Organizational behaviour at INSEAD, where she specializes in experiential leadership development.
- Change Management, led by Peter Zashev, who has more than 15 years of experience in executive education as a trainer and programme director at Hanken and SSE (Finland).
- Persuasion and Negotiation, led by Gerard Banon, who has lived in six countries, worked in more than fifty and is interested in all aspects of international communication and cooperation. He is a Senior Consultant on an International Training and Development Team.
- Strategic Self Development using Transactional Analysis, led by Linda Hoeben, a certified Transactional Analyst and a Provisional Teaching Specialist.
How will you benefit from the programme:
earn tried and tested techniques you can apply to overcome the unique challenges faced by women leaders;
become a better negotiator, influencer, communicator and leader;
understand your own leadership, communication and negotiation style and translate understanding into strategy and action;
improve your confidence and have a better understanding of your personal leadership style;
develop a wider strategic outlook and understanding of both local and international challenges.
The programme cost is 4550 EUR+VAT. This includes all programme materials and catering. It does not include accommodation and travel costs (except for travel and accommodation for the last module, which will be held in a beach resort).
Potential applicants will be invited for interview before being accepted on the programme. The maximum number of programme participants is limited to 18.