SSE Riga is looking for Recruitment Marketing Coordinator
Due to the dynamic development of the education sector and expansion into new markets, SSE Riga is looking for an additional team member in the marketing and student recruitment team.
Over the years SSE Riga has acquired a reputation as the leading business school in the region. According to the prestigious Financial Times Ranking of Top European Business Schools, SSE Riga, as part of the SSE Group, is the #1 business school in the Baltic and Nordic region. SSE Riga educates future leaders who will use their potential to engage with businesses and society to make a valuable difference. In 2018, SSE Riga was ranked as the most valued business and economics study programme by employers in Latvia.
About the role:
- Are you a pro-active, dynamic and organized junior marketing, PR and/or communication specialist?
- Do you enjoy brainstorming and putting ideas into action?
- Are you passionate about working with young people?
- Do you like to present in front of an audience?
- Do you have experience in organizing events?
- Are you able to contend with pressing deadlines?
- Do you like international environments where you need to use your excellent Latvian, English & Russian
- Do you enjoy traveling?
If the answers are “yes” and you are looking for a new professional challenge, we encourage you to apply!
The Recruitment Marketing Coordinator’s main responsibility will be coordination of recruitment activities in line with SSE Riga’s recruitment and outreach strategy, engaging the student and alumni community and enhancing SSE Riga’s position in the region.
- Dynamic and challenging work with a highly professional and friendly team
- An inspiring work environment with English as a working language
- The opportunity to boost your international experience and expand your skill set
- Health insurance after the probation period
- An office in the most beautiful Art Nouveau building in Riga (Strēlnieku 4a)
Monthly salary (gross): 1300- 2000 EUR depending on previous experience
If you find that the role matches your interests and experience, please send a CV and application letter to email@example.com. The application deadline is May 10th, but we will interview qualified candidates as applications arrive.
We will be in touch with qualified candidates to schedule an interview.
SSE Riga is looking for two Junior Research and Teaching Fellows
SSE Riga is launching a new Junior Teaching and Research Fellows (JRTF) programme.
SSE Riga is a boutique international business school in Riga. The School’s mission is to provide a state-of-the-art education and research in business and economics that contributes to the economic and social development of the region, in particular in the Baltics. SSE Riga offers three-years BSc in Economics and Business; instruction is in English. The School admits 125 BSc students a year. The school’s growing research portfolio includes research on economics, finance, economics and social inclusion, sustainability, and health.
SSE Riga now invites applicants for its new Junior Teaching and Research Fellows (JRTF) programme. It is a selective programme with the explicit aim to help PhD students develop their career. It provides the opportunity to spend up to three years at SSE Riga, working with faculty.
We are interested to hear from PhD students with experience in qualitative research, with fluency in Estonian or Lithuanian and an interest in migration / entrepreneurship.
About the role:
Significant time will be spent working on the Migration Brain Gain project, a three-year project on the 'brain drain – brain gain' process for the Baltics, in particular Latvia, studying human capital gain and loss resulting from mobility. For this project, there will be interviews in Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
- The JRTFs will gain hands-on experience in working in research and will have the opportunity to gain in-depth exposure to research and academia. SSE Riga faculty works closely with the business and policymaking communities, ensuring that our research has impact. Fellows will have the opportunity to contribute to research whilst gaining valuable experience in research project management and research application development.
- JRTFs will have the opportunity to work in an English teaching environment delivering seminars, supervise students’ projects, marking papers and exams and take part in other teaching activities. Fellows will work on a variety of courses that align with their expertise and interest.
- To ensure that fellows have a good understanding of the curriculum, research and values of SSE Riga they will participate in a training programme. The programme will be most intensive at the beginning of their fellowship but will continue throughout their fellowship.
- Fellows are expected to continue their studies while on the fellowship. As a result this is a part-time position. Due to teaching and research timelines the hours will fluctuate during the year (low/ none during the summer and higher in Fall), but on average Fellows are expected to commit to 1-2 days/ week. This can be discussed during the interview.
- The fellows will receive a remuneration package and will have access to SSE Riga resources including including Qualtrics, DataStream, ORBIS.
- Fellows will report to the VP-Partnerships and Strategy.
- The School is looking forward to hear from talented and motivated candidates, with an outstanding academic background and with fluency in Estonian or Lithuanian. Fluency in English is also a requirement.
- The application is open to applicants who have started their PhD, and can commit to the fellowship for at least two years, part time. The teaching will be in Riga, but research will require fellows to travel. Fellows do not need to reside in Riga.
- For the first year of the programme, we are looking for two more fellows with an interest in qualitative and mixed methods and a background in social sciences.
- The fellows will work on are search project on migration, brain drain and brain gain and human capital gains related to migration in the Baltics. Fellows will conduct interviews in Estonia and Lithuania.
- Fellows will be expected to have:
- an outstanding academic or policy background
- the ability to work independently
- motivation to excel and work as part of a high performing team
- strong organisation skills with a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- advanced interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal communication skills
- a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritise a diverse workload and manage conflicting deadlines is a prerequisite for this role
- demonstrated experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail;
- a strong service ethic and positive can do attitude, can thrive under pressure
The Stockholm School of Economics in Riga values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity. All employees must be eligible to live and work in Latvia.
If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We request two recommendation letters from candidates selected for an interview.