Creative Entrepreneurship Training Network (CREAENT)
The CREAENT project provides young people and students of the creative industry sector with better knowledge and competence to become entrepreneurs. By developing a best practice model of entrepreneurial education for creative industry students in universities in Finland, Estonia and Latvia, the project links knowledge and innovation to sustainable economic development and the competitiveness of the Central Baltic area.
Aims of the project
- to develop a cross-border entrepreneurship program and training material for the non-business and creative industry students in CBR universities through the analysis of current situation of the entrepreneurial education in CBR and identification of best practices
- to gain a comparative understanding of the entrepreneurial attitudes and skills of university students in the CBR, and to identify their innovative business ideas
- to improve the cross-border mobility and exchange of ideas and best practices through networking and increased mobility of specialists in entrepreneurial education
- to stimulate cross-border networking of young entrepreneurs in CBR by development and providing them a cross-border Internet-based platform for exchange of ideas and support for the elaboration of business ideas that have potential for the international business cooperation.
Helsinki School of Economics Small Business Center (HSE SBC), Finland, - lead partner; Tallinn University of Technology (TUT), Estonia; University of Tartu, Estonia; Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Latvia.
- surveys and analysis of creative entrepreneurship training programs and students training needs in Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Sweden;
- development and piloting of creative entrepreneurship training programs;
- networking events for young creative entrepreneurs in project countries
- a joint cross-border training program and pilot training for potential and beginning entrepreneurs in knowledge-based creative sector in partner countries
- a network of potential and beginning entrepreneurs from creative sector:
- a new innovative Internet-based networking concept bringing together Finnish, Estonian, Latvian and Swedish potential and beginning entrepreneurs from creative sector
- a cross-border network between Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Swedish educational institutions and business supporting organizations in the field of entrepreneurial education