Marking 250 years of Freedom of the Press
To honour the anniversary of the Freedom of the Press Act, which was introduced in Sweden and Finland 250 years ago, we invite you to attend the following event at the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga on Thursday, December 1st.
13:00 - 15:00 Thursday 01/12/2016SSE Riga, Soros Auditorium, Strelnieku 4a
13:00 Keynote address by Latvian-Australian journalist Peter Greste
(in the photo). Keynote address will be held in English and simultaneously translated into Latvian.
13:45 Networking break / Exhibition
14:00 Panel-discussion "Municipality newspapers vs regional press: Who has the right to exist?"
New information will be presented on the most recent developments in the case between Bauskas dzive and the Municipality.
Moderator: Inga Springe / Re:Baltica
- Andris Tauriņš / Senior Associate at Sorainen
- Māris Pūķis / Senior Advisor at Municipality Association
- Lolita Čigāne / Member of Parliament, Vienotība
- Armands Krauze / Member of Parliament, Zaļo un zemnieku savienība
- Daiga Bitiniece / Latvian Journalists Association
Panel-discussion will be held in Latvian and simultaneously translated into English.
It is open for public and free of charge.
More information on the Freedom of the Press act of 1766 >
Invitation1.06 MB, jpg