- BSc Programme
- Exchange Programmes
- EMBA Programme
- Building Strong Brands
- Darījumu prasmes I
- Strategic Thinking
- Nemateriālie motivācijas rīki
- Winning New International Customers
- Change Management
- Darījumu prasmes II
- Effective International Communication
- Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- Mini MBA: Strategic Management Programme
- Cilvēku uzvedības ietekmēšana: Nudging
- Advanced Negotiations (Riga)
- Changing Behaviour of Customers, Employees, Citizens and Ourselves: Nudging (Tallinn)
- Advanced Negotiations (Tallinn)
- Custom Programmes
- Open Programmes
- Printed Matter
BSc in Economics and Business
The BSc programme provides a broad education in economics and business administration, with opportunities for specialization in the final year in any two of the following areas: Economics, Finance, Digital Marketing, or Entrepreneurship.
|Three-year full-time programme|
|130 students admitted every year|
|English as the language of instruction|
|Absolute majority of the faculty are top-level lecturers representing Latvia, Sweden, USA, Germany, Australia, Denmark and other countries worldwide|
|Modular system; only one or two courses at a time|
|Two internships, 4-8 weeks|
|Specialization options: Economics, Finance, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship|
|Accredited by the Latvian Ministry of Education and Science|
|Diploma of Bachelor of Social Sciences in Economics|
|Application deadline is April 8, 2017; academic year begins on mid-August study year starts 20|
The BSc in Economics and Business is designed as a three-year programme consisting of six semesters. Education in economics and business is combined with entrepreneurial experiences. The programme covers such areas as economics, finance, accounting, management, organisational behavior, and strategy. A range of elective courses is offered in social sciences, humanities and in topics of general interest.
The international environment formed by lecturers and students from different countries, with English as the language of instruction, adds to students’ academic, professional, social and personal development.
The primary teaching method at SSE Riga is very intensive and interactive, and involves lectures, seminars, case-studies, assignments, project work and internships. Written examinations are given in each course. The programme uses the ECTS credit system, which is an internationally recognized standard.
What happens after the diploma?
After three years students are qualified for work in state institutions, accounting, tax and consulting firms, banks and financial institutions, information technology, advertising and marketing companies, wholesale, retail and manufacturing companies as well as educational institutions.
- SSE Riga alumni pursue their master’s studies in more than 115 universities all over the world; while a small fraction continue graduate studies right after graduation from SSE Riga, the majority opt for graduate studies after 3-5 years of work experience;
- SSE Riga alumni are currently building successful careers in different companies in more than 60 countries;
- 25% of alumni own a business or are self-employed.
The latest Placement Report shows the career development of BSc programme graduates of the year 2015.
- Around three-quarters received job offer even before graduation;
- Four-fifths are satisfied with their current placement;
- In their first year after graduation, 75% of alumni receive a gross salary of more than 800 EUR per month.
Read full Placement Report 2015 >
Find Out Morehttp://www.sseriga.edu/en/education/bachelor/find-out-more/find-out-more.html
Overview of the Schoolhttp://www.sseriga.edu/en/about/overview/
With all the skills and knowledge gained at SSE Riga graduates can work pretty much anywhere since market economy, business knowledge and structured thinking are in permanent demand and can be used in any context.
Deputy Finance Director
AS Paljassaare Kalatööstus
Estonia, Class of 2008
Have a strong wish to gain the best higher education possible in the Baltic countries, think about your future opportunities and believe that these will be the best three years of your life.
JSC Hanzas Maiznīcas
Latvia, Class of 2004