Centre for Media Studies
- Calendar 2017
- Calendar 2016
- Journalism for Future Challenges 2017
- Summer School on Investigative Reporting 2017
- Summer School on Journalism 2017
- Visual Journalism & Verification of News 2016
- Politics for Journalists 2016
- Future Media Management Programme 2016-2017
- Macroeconomics for Journalists 2016
- Information Design Course: Tips and Tricks for Doing Visual Journalism 2016
- Safety Training for Journalists 2016
- Baltic Journalist Travel Grant
- New Publications
- Useful Links
- News Verification Guide
- Peter Greste Award
- Centre for Sustainable Business
- Entrepreneurship Support Centre
- Institute for Entrepreneurship
Peter Greste Freedom of Speech Award 2017
The aim of the Peter Greste Freedom of Speech award is to reward people who have made a substantial contribution towards defending and enhancing Freedom of Speech in the Baltics.
Who may nominated?
Journalists, activists, writers and anyone else who has been active in defending and enhancing freedom of Speech in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. The nominees may be an individual, a group of people or an organization.
Deadline for submitting nominations
1. Only the nominations that are submitted by October 25 will be considered.
2. Three nominees will be selected from each of the Baltic States.
3. The selected nominees will have displayed a substantial contribution either towards the protection of Freedom of Speech or its enhancement in one of the Baltic States.
4. Only one, top nominee from each country will be awarded a EUR 500 prize.
5. The results will be announced at the public Award Ceremony on December 1st, to which the top three nominees from each of the country will be invited to attend and their travel fare covered.
6. The Members of the Selection Committee include journalist Peter Greste and media professionals from all three Baltic Countries.
Organisers: SSE Riga, Australian Embassy to Sweden, Finland, Latvia and Estonia
Informative partners: Delfi Newsroom in the Baltics
Supported by "Anne-Marie and Gustaf Ander Foundation”