To honour the anniversary of the Freedom of the Press Act, which was introduced in Sweden and Finland 250 years ago, we invite you to attend the following event at the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga on Thursday, December 1st.
Centre for Media Studies
- Calendar 2017
- Calendar 2016
- Visual Journalism & Verification of News 2016
- Politics for Journalists 2016
- Future Media Management Programme 2016-2017
- Summer School on Investigative Reporting 2016
- Macroeconomics for Journalists 2016
- Information Design Course: Tips and Tricks for Doing Visual Journalism 2016
- Journalism for Future Challenges 2016
- Safety Training for Journalists 2016
- Baltic Journalist Travel Grant
- New Publications
- Useful Links
- Centre for Sustainable Business
- Entrepreneurship Support Centre
- Institute for Entrepreneurship
In cooperation with ISSP, the Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga invites photojournalists, photographers and journalists working on longterm documentary-based projects, especially social documentaries to the workshop by Arnold van Bruggen, Anoek Steketee and Rob Hornstra "Long-term documentary projects: how to make impact, find an audience and get the best results".
The Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga in cooperation with the the Latvian Journalists' association, the Nordic Council of Ministers in Latvia and Global Journalist Security invite members of the Latvian Journalists' association to the three-day programme "Safety traning for journalists".
Peak Time is an international student business competition that has been organized every year since 1999 by the students of the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga). Currently, it is one of the biggest international events held in the Baltic States, attracting about 1500 participants each year. Since 2012 the motto of Peak Time has been “Shape the Tomorrow of Business”.
The Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga invites journalists to the information design course Tips and Tricks for Doing Visual Journalism.
The Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga invites journalists to evening course with Morten Hansen, the Head of Economics Department at SSE Riga.
The Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga invites you and members of your organization to a Public Lecture by Mikhail Zygar. Until recently Mikhail Zygar was the editor-in-chief of the independent and controversial Russian TV channel Dozhd.